I got into the pawn shop business a few short years ago. It’s been a fun rollercoaster of endless adventures that I look forward to every day. It is fun and profitable and that is perfect for me. Once I discovered how useful Instagram was to the pawn shop industry, I began using it in a multitude of ways and now have grown my business considerably. Plus, it is a lot of fun, but don’t tell anyone that I admitted that social media is cool.
There are a lot of social media sites, yes, and while I do use them, I must admit that Instagram has won over my heart. It is fun to get Insta likes (you can buy them if you want) and know that my posts are reaching the audience that I need them to reach. I have lots of fans who are loyal to my brand who help in my quest and share my photos with others, too. There is little question that the site has helped me grow my pawn shop. How do I use Insta for my pawn shop?
- I advertise my current specials via photos and posts on my page. One thing that customers love is a bargain. Usually the items that I post on my Instagram page sell the very same or the next day, so I’d say winning is in my name.
- Along with advertising my specials of the day, I also advertise my loan service. If anyone understands that money can be hard to come by, it is me. I also offer payday loans to my customers in the time of need and use IG as a platform to tell them there is someone there who understands.
- Sometimes I chit chat with my customers. As I read more about networking and marketing, it was recommended to do this. And, I am so glad that I did. Not only can I talk about the store, the products that I have up for grabs, and more, I can also get a glimpse into my customers and want they want. At the same time, they get a glimpse of my personality and that really helps.
- Layaway, anyone? I have a lot of expensive electronics, guns, and pieces of jewellery in my store. If you want it, I want you to own it. I make it easy with a layaway program. I let everyone on social media know that it can be their item thanks to this layaway option.
- I oftentimes post random stuff. Since I own a pawn shop, I see some weird, interesting, and strange things. They always make for good photos on social media that will get Insta likes and good conversation. I admit that I’ve purchased a couple of items in the past with the sole purpose of posting photos on the site.
IG and social media works for my pawn shop and it can work for your business, too. This is the most fun that I’ve ever had at work!